Master of Science, Enology, University of California, Davis MS Thesis: Factors affecting Wine Body
Bachelor of Arts, Botany-Plant Physiology, California State University, Humboldt
Publications: Noble, A. C., and G. F. Bursick. The contribution of glycerol to perceived viscosity and sweetness in white wine. Am J. Enol. Vitic. 35:90-92 (1984)
Curriculum Vitae Vinifera
- 1970 - “…dragging hoses for $5.26 an hour” at Beringer worked under winemaking legend Myron Nightingale.
- 1976 - Member of the now-famous UC Davis class that changed the face of modern California winemaking.
- 1977 - Vice President/Winemaker McDowell Valley Vineyards, Hopland, Ca.
- 1980 - First varietal release of Syrah in California from ancient vines long mis-identified.
- 1985 - Joins Ferrari-Carano design/build team as Director of Winemaking
- 1985 - Among the first to bring in ENTAV clones from the France’s viticultural authority.
- 1986 - Wine Spectator magazine names the 1985 Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay “Wine of the Year”
- 1986 - Major expansion of Ferrari-Carano.
- 1987 - Flagship meritage blend Tresor introduced
- 1989 - Sienna introduced, “a Sonoma Super Tuscan,”
- 2006 - leaves Ferrari-Carano to focus on his growing consulting business. Among his clients, J Vineyards & Winery
- 2006 - Joins J as Vice-President of Winemaking
- 2006 - J Vineyards launches new era of wine production
- 2011 - Leaves J to focus on the opportunities and variety afforded by the clients of his consulting business
George Bursick - A Life in Wine ›